- 4.1 You must be aged 16 years old or over to purchase a Railcard.
- 4.2 Network Railcard discounts apply for travel at or after 10.00 Monday to Friday (excluding Public Holidays) and any time on weekends. Discounts apply to services in the Network Railcard area only (see network-railcard.co.uk/map.)
- 4.3 A minimum fare applies to all journeys Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays. At the time of printing, the minimum fare is £13. The minimum fare is subject to change during the validity of your Railcard - see network-railcard.co.uk for most up to date information.
- 4.4 All child fares are subject to a £1 minimum fare at all times.
- 4.5 You can use your Railcard to buy discounted tickets for adults and children travelling with you. The maximum group size is four adults (aged 16 years and over) including you, and four children aged between 5 and 15 years. The group must travel with you throughout the journey.
- 4.6 Discounted tickets entitle you to travel in standard class only.
- 4.7 You will be asked to pay the difference between the price of your discounted ticket and the full price applicable fare (or the Penalty Fare if travelling in the Penalty Fares area) if you travel:
4.7.1 beyond the station for which your ticket is issued;or
4.7.2 to a destination beyond the area shown on the Network Railcard map, without having first obtained the correct ticket for your journey; or
4.7.3 on a route for which a higher fare applies or at a time when reduced fares do not apply.
Train Companies providing Network Railcard discounts:
- Chiltern Railways †
- CrossCountry †
- East Midland Railways
- Gatwick Express
- Great Northern
- Great Western Railway ††
- Greater Anglia †
- Heathrow Connect
- Heathrow Express
- London Northwestern Railway †
- London North Eastern Railway
- London Overground
- South Western Railway
- Stansted Express
- TfL Rail
- Virgin Trains
† Some restrictions apply on services provided by these train companies.
†† Some restrictions apply on services provided by Great Western Railway. Network Railcard discounts are not available on tickets routed Evesham/Stroud.
Digital Railcard Terms & Conditions
The 'Railcard app is the digital Railcard storage app of ATOC Ltd, a company registered in England (No.03069033), whose registered office is at:
200 Aldersgate Street
Operating under the name Rail Delivery Group (“RDG”)
The ‘Railcard app’ shall mean the software provided by RDG to display a travel discount card, to be used on Apple iOS, Android, and any upgrades from time to time and any other software or documentation which enables the use of the 'Railcard app’.
3. CONDITIONS OF USE
- 3.1. You will not, nor allow third parties on your behalf to (i) make and distribute copies of the ‘Railcard app’ (ii) attempt to copy, reproduce, alter, modify, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, transfer, exchange or translate the ‘Railcard app’; or (iii) create derivative works of the ‘Railcard app’ of any kind whatsoever.
- 3.2. The ‘Railcard app’ is currently made available to you free of charge for your personal, non-commercial use. RDG reserves the right to amend or withdraw the ‘Railcard app’, or charge for the application or service provided to you in accordance with these terms and conditions, at any time and for any reason.
- 3.3. You acknowledge that the terms of agreement with your respective mobile network provider ('Mobile Provider') will continue to apply when using the ‘Railcard app’. As a result, you may be charged by the Mobile Provider for access to network connection services for the duration of the connection while accessing the ‘Railcard app’ or any such third-party charges as may arise. You accept responsibility for any such charges that arise.
- 3.4. If you are not the bill payer for the mobile telephone or handheld device being used to access the ‘Railcard app’, you will be assumed to have received permission from the bill payer for using the ‘Railcard app’.
- 4.1. The ‘Railcard app’ is available to handheld mobile devices running Apple iOS and Android OS. RDG will use reasonable efforts to make the ‘Railcard app’ available at all times. However, you acknowledge the ‘Railcard app’ is provided over the internet and mobile networks and so the quality and availability of the ‘Railcard app’ may be affected by factors outside RDG’s reasonable control.
- 4.2. RDG does not accept any responsibility whatsoever for unavailability of the ‘Railcard app’, or any difficulty or inability to download or access content or any other communication system failure which may result in the ‘Railcard app’ being unavailable.
- 4.3. RDG will not be responsible for any support or maintenance for the ‘Railcard app’.
5. SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- 5.1. In order to use the ‘Railcard app’, you are required to have a compatible mobile phone or handheld device, internet access, and the necessary minimum specifications ('Software Requirements').
- 5.2. The Software Requirements are as follows: Apple iOS 9 and above and Android 4.1 and above.
- 5.3. The version of the ‘Railcard app’ software may be upgraded from time to time to add support for new functions and services.
6. PERSONAL INFORMATION AND PRIVACY
In order for some services to be provided in the ‘Railcard app’, we will need to collect information from you. By using these services or providing us with information you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy.
6.2. Personal Information Collected
6.2.1. Active Collection of Information
Some areas of the ‘Railcard app’ require us to collect and use your information for example location information in order for you to benefit from specific features.
We only collect and use such information unless you opt not to receive such additional features.
Your location data may also be used by our contracted partners to provide you with personalised offers and promotions based on non-identifying data and geo-location data. For the purpose of this service, we only share technical data with our partners (such as your mobile advertising IDs) to ensure that we do not identify you as a person.
We may also use your location information for the purpose of improving the journey experience we provide to you.
If you wish to opt-out of these particular services, you can use the “opt-out of interest-based advertising (support.google.com/googleplay/answer/3405269)” option on Android or the “Limit Ad-Tracking(support.apple.com/kb/HT4228)” option on iOS.
6.2.2. Passive Collection of Information
We may also share anonymous information about your use of the ‘Railcard app’ with third parties for analytical purposes.
6.3. How we use your Personal Information
When you supply personal information to RDG we will use it for the following purposes:
We and/or the train companies whose information is provided in the ‘Railcard app’ may also use your information: (a) for internal market research and analysis purposes; and (b) to carry out survey related activities with you.
We will not share or distribute any of the information you provide to us to unaffiliated third parties, unless required to do so by law.
We will only collect and use your information for the services to be provided and the duration required for the provision of the services. We may need to retain the information for a reasonable period of time after the end of the services.
6.4. Sharing of Information
The information you provide to us may need to be accessed by our staff, service providers and train operating companies.
Where you have consented to receive such services we will share your information with contracted third parties for the purpose of:
(a) providing the services and customer service assistance;
(b) marketing services; and
These service providers will only have access to the information needed to perform the relevant service and may not use your information for any other purpose. They will also be required to use your information strictly in accordance with data protection laws, including maintaining adequate security measures to protect such information.
6.5. Links to third party Internet sites
6.6. Data Security
We employ administrative, electronic and physical security measures to ensure that the information that we collect about you is protected from access by unauthorised persons and protected against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. By using our website and/or services you acknowledge and agree that, except to the extent required by the Data Protection laws, we shall not be responsible for any unauthorised use, distribution, damage or destruction of personal data. We will only retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as is required by law.
We may link you to third party websites which have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy policies, content or security of these websites.
7. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS AND LICENCE
- 7.1. All trade marks, copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights of any nature in the ‘Railcard app’ together with the underlying software code are owned either directly by RDG or by RDG’s licensors.
- 7.2. RDG hereby grants you a non-exclusive, royalty-free revocable licence to use the ‘Railcard app’ for your personal use in connection with the use of the Railcard and in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- 8.1. RDG may terminate use of the ‘Railcard app’ at any time by giving notice of termination to you.
- 8.2. Upon any termination,
a. the rights and licenses granted to you herein shall terminate; and
b. you must cease all use of the Software;
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- 9.1. In no event will RDG be liable for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, exemplary or consequential losses or damages of whatsoever kind arising out of your use or access to the ‘Railcard app’, including loss of profit or the like whether or not in the contemplation of the parties, whether based on breach of contract, tort (including negligence), product liability or otherwise.
- 9.2. RDG is not liable to you for any damage or alteration to your equipment including but not limited to computer equipment, handheld device or mobile telephones as a result of the installation or use of the ‘Railcard app’.
- 9.3. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit RDG’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- 9.4. RDG accepts no liability for the content of any third party content advertised on the ‘Railcard app’ or any transactions made by you in respect of such content. If you object to any such content you should uninstall the ‘Railcard app’.
10. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
To the maximum extent permitted by law RDG hereby disclaims all implied warranties with regard to the ‘Railcard app’. The ‘Railcard app’ and software are provided "as is" and "as available" without warranty of any kind.